Tuesday 12 August 2014

Sweet Mother of the Divine Jesus...I've just set up a profile (with PICS!!!) on a dating website. And I've sent two messages to what seem like two really nice guys.  What seem like being operative words!!
I think the fact that I'm no longer working, or not currently working should I say, means that signing up to an online website where everyone can see my name, pictures, profile description, thoughts, ambitions and aspirations, and opening the possibility to them being crushed doesn't seem to bother me so much.  Well, that and the fact that my little brother got married at the weekend and it's kind of awoken me to the fact that I need to do more if I am to meet someone.  Do I think I'll meet MoD (Man of Dreams) on some free online dating website in Dublin?  NO!  But do I think it's good practice for flirting and dating? YES!!
You see, since Guy Once Dated left and reappeared on social media with a new chick within 4 weeks, well I've been having a bit of a dry spell and being on the cusp of late 30s I can't really sit here protecting the old heart and letting the lips (or indeed the lady garden!) get dusty!!  Nope I need to get back on out there and put myself out there and at least try to flirt, have a bit of excitement and fun! 

So it's been 13 minutes since my profile went live and I've already had one weirdo "Hey!" message.  Please!! Boys, can you just send me a little bit more information than "Hey!".  Keep your "Heys!" for Tinder, my experience on which ended with the words "stupid c__t" by a charming solicitor in Ranelagh who took offence with me questioning some pretty suspect claims!  Whether I was right or wrong, the C-word really was uncalled for and made me glad we hadn't actually gotten to the stage of meeting!!!!

Right, well I'll keep you posted on anything exciting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment