Monday 2 February 2015

Procrastudying

AGH!! I'm studying!  Well actually if truth be told, I'm not studying. I have a full fridge, my morning run done, an immaculate apartment, a wash on, another in the dryer and another waiting to go on. I've decided on this evening's dinner and it's already half prepared.  How come when the words study or exam creep into my vocabulary I become Most Efficient 'Housewife' Ever (without having a house or being a wife!) or Procrastinator Extraordinaire!

I'm studying to be a PT-PT ... I think I explained that yesterday. I've two theory and two practical exams to do. I studied rather well for the first exam and got 89% (raging with those 11 I got wrong!), but as a result I'm kinda thinking I just could not be arsed putting in any more effort for the second (and universally understood to be the more difficult) second exam tomorrow.  Two of the 'less sharp tools' in the proverbial shed just passed the first exam (coincidence?!) and so I've come to the conclusjon that I should have enough to get by on exam 2 and so cannot bring myself to read another training program, training system, a table on fats or micronutrients...to say nothing of the entire set of principles of training.  Don't get me wrong, I am a good trainer-in-training, I take my work seriously, I want to do well, but I just don't think I can bring my (dehydrated!) brain to the point where it's going to absorb anything that's going to help me answer multiple choice questions on this stuff tomorrow evening.  Besides, I have over 24 hours to panic and cram...right?!?!

A friend of mine always reminds me of a mutual friend of ours who during final year exams in university chose shopping over studying. She's a happy, successful, fulfilled woman today. I think I might take her lead on this...  I'll let you know on Wednesday if it proves a wise tactic for Nemo!

No comments:

Post a Comment