Monday 13 April 2015

What's next for Nemo...


Yello!  I’m back…what from I have no idea, as I haven’t actually been doing much…well apart from enjoying life as a lady of semi-leisure / semi-lady of leisure.  It’s soon to come to an end though, in fact it has started to come to an end. 
I may not have been flushed down the toilet and set free, but I think I'm on my way down the drain pipe...Monday through Thursday my alarm goes off any time between 6 and 7am, which let’s face it, for someone who doesn’t actually work, is early! I arise and go about my exciting, much loved part time job as a trainer – personal trainer, running trainer, class instructor.  I’ve finished the course with all the colourful, some loved, some despised characters and am now a fully qualified, fully insured part time PT! 
Now why, Nemo, if this is a much loved part time job would you not do this full time, I hear you ask?  And the answer is I am not sure I really know.  I think primarily it is much loved because it is part time, secondly I have a mahoosive hole in my not so mahoosive savings pot which needs plugging and I’m not sure the first year embarking on a new career is the best time to plug such a hole, thirdly I don’t know if I’m very good at this or indeed if I want to not wear a normal bra for 5 out of 7 days of the week, take three showers a day and look longingly at my dresses and skirts in the closet wishing I could have a girly day and finally, I am not a risk taker. Never have been, never will be (and no, I don’t want to change, that’s the whole point, this is me, conservative, sensible, not a risk taker!) and therefore the thoughts of taking myself out of the corporate world for another year to see if I can make a success of this, then possibly fail and have to go back into the corporate world after two years, is a risk too far for me. 
Nope! So for now, for me, I’m embarking on life as a PTPT (part time personal trainer J), while holding out for the relatively highly paid job that will plug the mahoosive hole in my sub-mahoosive savings pot, will pay my approx €1800 a month rent, bills and commitments and allow me time and energy to train for an ironman 70.3 (did I not mention that?) and progress my PT-PT business.  Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment