Thursday 17 May 2012

I'm tired and bleu today. It was a long day of muffling yawns, keeping eyes open, feigning interest and enthusiasm...at in between trying to make some money. I spent most of the day getting a customer update from my new boss. So I had to sit with him as he went through all the customers who were now mine, all mine!  At one point he said "So, howya gettin' on. Do you like it?"  "Do I like it? Like what? The two geriatics I had screaming down the phone last week as no one would listen to them (uh kinda hard not to when you're screaming at me!)? The guy who I spoke to 7 times in 12 minutes as he asked me if Shane was off the phone yet as he was afraid I wouldn't pass the message on? The meeting we had yesterday about the meeting and the briefing update? The work colleague who keeps asking if I have a second when I've a sandwich stuffed in my mouth?  The gazillion spreadsheets which all contradict each other? My new work colleague who I'm going to a meeting with on Monday who won't call me back to say if I'm going with him or not?  The man who refuses to talk to me cos I'm a female fish? The endless questions from "management" about the performance of this fish, that customer, this area, that territory? Or the fact that I've spent the last hour trying to keep my eyes open while listening to you rabbit on, while eyeing up the window, wondering if you'd notice if I jumped?  Yeah man, I'm loving it. Livin' the dream!"  Of course I just turned and said "Oh yeah, it's great!"

No comments:

Post a Comment