Tuesday 8 May 2012

I’ve worked in The Fish Tank since I left college in the late 90s. At that time I thought I’d be beating the offers away with a large stick or if truth be known a quite sexy whip – whoootcha!  Needless to say this fantasy hasn’t quite materialised as I thought. I began in The Fish Tank on a Bank Holiday Tuesday . By Thursday I swore I’d give it 9 months and then I was gone, to work “in PR, as you do. For over a decade I’ve oscillated between thriving in work, thinking this is something I might be good at…and physically stopping myself from standing up, there and then in the office and going “I have no idea what I’m doing here!!!!”  Nearly 14 years on, I’m still in The Fish Tank, still dreaming that one day I’ll get out for good behaviour!   Over that near 14 years I’ve had interesting, fun, farcical, downright incredulous times…and now it’s time for me to share the fun…here’s hoping you enjoy them.

No comments:

Post a Comment