Thursday 9 October 2014


Day 10, question 10: Google the meaning of your name and talk about how it fits or doesn’t fit you

This is a bit of an odd one, as when I googled Nemo, can you believe the meaning of Nemo is “nobody"?!?!?!?!  Imagine?  That's so not me!  I secretly love being the centre of attention, I like to be noticed, I like putting on a show. I’m nervous as hell, but I love the attention.

So as that was so incredibly disappointing, I've decided to use my alter ego instead - here goes!

Graceful:
I’m not exactly what you'd call graceful. I’ve fallen over when drunk, chipped my tooth and split my lip, another time I fell over drunk and landed on my finger and chipped a bone.  I fell when out running, in a crop top (!!!!!!), used my arm as a skid brake and got an infection in the cut, I’ve torn ligaments in my ankle in 4 inch heels, I’ve had my fair share of tripping on the footpath and almost falling for about two metres, but not actually falling, then walking normally like no one saw me…but I wouldn’t call myself clumsy either. I've managed 4 inch heels without falling, I've been bridesmaid on more than one occasion and haven't fucked up.   

Courageously defended herself against wrongful accusation:
Um don’t think I’ve ever been…nope actually was once in college wrongfully accused of saying horrible, horrible things about one of my best friends. Never did, it was the psycho Mavis (we shall call her!) who was lying about me, but I didn’t ever actually confront her. I took the moral high ground, i.e. I avoided the confrontation. Hate confrontation, so I would say this is sliiiiightly inaccurate.

People with this name have a deep inner desire to serve humanity and to give to others by sharing money, knowledge and experience, or creative and artistic ability:
I do like to help people and share my knowledge with them.  I think if I hadn’t joined The Tank, I may have been a teacher…and I’m currently pursuing a course which kinda does make me a teacher – of sorts. Now, whether I shall actually teach or not is another thing!

People with this name tend to initiate events, to be leaders rather than followers, with powerful personalities:
Naaaaahhhh – the only event I initiate is dinner, or maybe lunch.  And the power of personality exudes via red wine!

They tend to be focused on specific goals, experience a wealth of creative new ideas, and have the ability to implement these ideas with efficiency and determination:
OMG this is me!!! Well, the specific goals bit. I can’t say that I have a wealth of creative ideas, unless you’re planning a child’s party…but I can sure as hell be efficient and don’t stand in my way. I said GET OUT OF MY WAYYYYY!!!!

They tend to be courageous and sometimes aggressive:
Ooooohh I think not, but I guess you’d have to ask my followers, I mean readers, OK my reader…

As unique, creative individuals, they tend to resent authority, and are sometimes stubborn, proud, and impatient:
Yes, Yes, Yes and yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment