Sunday 12 October 2014

Day 11 - SW Blog Challenge - Dates

Day 11, question 11: Your worst/funniest/most embarrassing date

I’ve been quite lucky on dates, but I'm sure I can muster up an odd one or two... I could choose from the one where I downed a bottle of wine and was hammered before he arrived, then proceeded to fall around town with him and flake out on my bed two hours later.  Or the one where he turned up 15 minutes late and during our conversation I mentioned being very punctual and he said “Shit, glad I wasn’t late then” For the record, Mr. I Wear The Same Shirt For Two Dates and Cycle A Dublin Bike, 15 minutes late IS LATE!!! Or the date which wasn’t really a date “I’ll call over and we can have a barbecue” My flatmate will be here, let’s go to the pub instead.  Now, did I ask him on a date or did he me??  Maybe date two of one gent - I really, really, REALLY did not want to go. My head was up the proverbial arse of another buck and I was ‘giving this guy a chance’, so I agreed to a second date, even though we spent the first date talking about the year he went travelling to Asia / Oz (for the record guys and gals, you’ve heard one of those stories, you’ve heard them all.  Unless you were almost arrested for something you didn’t do or lost a limb in an hilarious story, leave it at ‘yeah did the year travelling’) and a lot of other stuff about him. I’m not a big talker about myself (not that you’d know considering I’m writing a blog about me!) but that does not mean I want to spend an entire date talking about YOU!  But I put it down to nerves and said I’d give him another chance.  I arrived on a wet, windy Sunday to a pub in Dublin city I wouldn’t normally go to, but hey that’s half the fun of dating. I was early and trotted in and took a seat. Five mins later he spun in, in a bit of a stressed state, he’d lost / forgotten / mislaid his bank card. I can’t actually remember the detail, but I do remember him being rather embarrassed and panicked about it all.  So I paid for all the drinks, which worked well as it meant I had the upper hand and I also had control over when we would leave.  After three or four drinks I headed off … and agreed to another date. 

No comments:

Post a Comment