Tuesday 14 October 2014

Day 13 - The SW Blogging Challenge - Last person I texted

Day 13, question 13: Describe how you met the last person you texted and talk about your friendship/relationship
I'm a day behind on this and I'm not even half way through!! I didn't think it would actually be that hard, but it is! Whodda thunk it?  Writing about me, me, me is hard work!!
OK so here goes - the last person I texted was my friend, whom we shall call Bemo.  I met Bemo when I was doing my post grad. I was working part time with a friend we shall call McMemo, and Bemo and McMemo worked together. Bemo and I just hit it off. We had exactly the same sense of humour, we laughed at the same stuff, we found the same stuff horrendous and hilarious at the same time.  When I finished that part time job we stayed in touch and became firm friends.  That was 11 years ago. 

Bemo is one of my best friends, one of the core 5, and my closest friend in the world.  We see each other most days and say things like “I haven’t seen you in ages”, when it’s been two days.  We talk endlessly about things I am sure other people wouldn’t even get, never mind want to talk about. We have the same sense of humour on most things and can talk with complete lack of judgement. We’ve nearly fallen off bar stools, with tears streaming down our faces at the most stupid joke about a surplus supply of condoms and overestimation of the length of our relationships, we’ve sat in coffee shops/restaurants staring at The Ride of Dublin, knowing neither of us will actually get The Ride of Dublin but knowing it’s totally OK to do this. We’ve gone on hols and let the belly hang out, we’ve flirted with Georgius and Paris, with Derek and Declan. We’ve played the “Who’d wear this game” for years and still get endless hours of fun out of it. We’ve been there for each other when she’s hopped across the wall of the neighbour’s apartment and walked into their living room, in a pair of shorts and bikini thinking it was ours, and when I’ve tried to open the open door, asking the very pretty young male waiter if he’d help me.  She’s supported me as a friend in the last 11 years and in particular over the last year when I’ve been none too happy in my job and my situation, listened to my woes and me talk endlessly about the shit job I had, the funny and upsetting relationships I’ve had. I read a great line that pretty much sums us up our friendship “Life is better when you can share it with a friend who has the same sick, twisted personality as yourself.”

No comments:

Post a Comment