Monday 20 October 2014

Day 14 - SW Blog Challenge - Last moment you felt really, truly blissful


Sorry folk(s)!  Running behind.  I knew this would happen!!  Anyway day 14 here you go.
 
Day 14, question 14: Describe the last moment you felt really, truly blissful

It was a Tuesday, the sun was shining and I’d just woken up in a Lower East Side hotel in Manhattan.  I’d arrived the previous day after the last day of my life in The Tank.  I’d finally gone, finished, left!  It was exhilarating and I felt a real sense of being on the right path to wherever I was going.  I had no idea where that was but I was on the right road.  I got up, threw on my running gear and headed out on the streets to figure out where I could get a nice 5k route.  I headed right and down towards the Williamsburgh Bridge, where I just ran.  The New York smell hanging in the air made me feel like I was home. I thought about the excitement and freedom of leaving The Tank behind.  I thought of the restaurants, shops, museums, streets and people that were out there in this amazing city, ready for me to watch, visit, see.  I thought of how good I felt at 10st 6lbs, running from Manhattan to the tip of Brooklyn. I thought of the excitement of driving through 5 different states to spend two short days in Nantucket and Hyannisport (would not recommend the latter btw!) I thought of hanging out with my cousin for two days, catching up and having chats and laughs.  I thought of the date I’d organised in London two weeks later and what I might wear, what Guy Once Dated might now look like, be like, where would he bring me.  I felt that the world was my oyster and I was embarking on a two week holiday that was pretty much all about relaxing, getting to know myself and enjoying my own company…and I felt really happy and truly blissful!

No comments:

Post a Comment